It might seem like a good idea to have an open floor plan for your office. It’s supposed to make it easier for staff to work together, collaborate and accomplish team-oriented activities. While all of these things may in fact be the case, it’s not always going to work out that way. No matter how much you want to get your staff together, there are some drawbacks to this thinking. Here are five reasons that your office staff needs cubicle panel extenders to be more productive.
- Focus – It can be downright impossible to completely focus on the task at hand when there are things going on around you. The person in the next cubicle may be one of those people who just can’t sit still so they’re up and down a lot during the day. That kind of distraction, even if it’s for a moment takes the focus off the work and makes it harder to get back on track. With just a little separation, the distractions are minimized, making it far easier to pay attention and get some work done.
- Noise – Some of your staff members talk a bit loud when they’re on the phone with clients. Their jovial personalities and quick jokes keep business flowing in, but it can be disruptive to those around them. Others seem to bang on the keyboard at an unrelenting pace that causes others to become irritated and distracted. Cubicle panel extenders help to buffer the sounds coming from the surrounding area and create a quiet space where others can get work done.
- Privacy – Even though working in an office full of people, by its very nature, isn’t all that private, it’s still important. This is especially the case when clients and customers have access to the cubicles of employees. Conversations about accounts, personal information and purchasing decisions are easier to have when one does not feel like they are under observation. Panel extenders help to create a sense of privacy and make a cubicle feel like a separate office.
- Temporary – Your business is constantly growing and evolving and your employee’s needs do the same. At times, your people need more privacy, and at other times, they need more access to one another. One of the best things about cubicle panel extenders is that they are not a permanent fixture. In fact, you can easily install and dismantle them at your leisure, which means you can have a more dynamic and adaptable work space.
- Attractive – Let’s face it, working in a dull, boring space is less than inspiring, even for the most motivated individuals. When your office is outfitted with cubicle panel extenders that are created using custom colors, fabrics and frames, it adds some pizzazz to the space. It may seem like a small thing, but the color, texture and quality of our surroundings has a major impact on motivation, creativity and productivity.
Keeping your staff comfortable will help to assure that they continue to be productive and happy working for you. Creating a space that allows them the flexibility to work with others or solo is one of the best ways to do this. Contact us to learn more about the benefits of cubicle panel extenders and we’ll be happy to lend a hand.